ARA’s contact details as data controller
Ara.cat (https://www.ara.cat) is an Edició de Premsa Periòdica Ara, SL (hereinafter, “ARA”) domain, provided with TIN B-65258261, registered in the Mercantile Registry of Barcelona (volume 41927, folio 165, page B-395911) and domiciled at C/Diputació 119 Barcelona, 08015; telephone number 93 202 95 95, and email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arabalears.cat (https://www.arabalears.cat) is a domain owned by Edicions Periòdiques Ara-Balears, SL (hereinafter, “ARA Balears”), provided with TIN B-57806762; domiciled at C/ Tous i Maroto 8, 1º Palma, 07001; telephone number 971 781 917, and email address email@example.com, which publishes the ARA Balears newspaper in multiplatform, through the Arabalears.cat domain.
Ara.ad (https://www.ara.ad) is an ANISA domain, provided with NRT A707871V and domiciled at C/ Príncep Benlloch 43 Andorra la Vella (Andorra), through the ARA.ad domain.
Our Data Protection Officer
You can contact our data protection officer at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, to make inquiries or request the information you need about the processing of your personal data.
At the ARA we collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Reader registration. Manage and control the registration of users who register in the ARA newspaper. The data processed for this purpose will be kept as long as the relationship formalized by means of the registration form is maintained and, once it is finished, during the conservation and prescription periods of legally established responsibilities. The legal basis of the processing is the consent of the user.
- Subscription. Manage and control the subscription of users who want to be subscribers to the ARA newspaper and enjoy extra benefits. The data processed for this purpose will be kept as long as the contractual relationship formalized through the subscription is maintained and, once it is finished, during the conservation and prescription periods of legally foreseen responsibilities. The legal basis of the processing is the execution of a contract in which the data subject is a party.
- ARA store. Manage the purchase of products through the ARA online store. The data processed for this purpose will be kept as long as the contractual relationship formalized through the purchase of products is maintained and, once it is finished, during the conservation and prescription periods of legally foreseen responsibilities. The legal basis of the processing is the execution of a contract in which the data subject is a party.
- Contact and requests for information/inquiries. Respond to requests for information and/or inquiries made by the user. The data processed for this purpose will be kept until the request for information and/or consultation has been responded to and, after this, during the legally stipulated retention and prescription periods. The legal basis of the processing is the consent of the user.
- ‘Newsletter’ and informative bulletins. Keep the user informed, including by electronic means, about products, services and news of the ARA newspaper. This activity involves promoting editorial content, publications and exclusive news from the ARA, our products, services and events that we organize within the framework of our activity as a means of communication committed to culture and current affairs. The data processed for this purpose will be kept until the user withdraws his/her consent for its receipt and, after this, during the legally established retention and prescription periods. The legal basis of the processing is the consent of the user.
With whom do we share your personal data?
The data may be communicated to the following third party recipients: public administrations for compliance with legal obligations and banks for the management of collections and payments. They may also communicate to the following categories of processors: providers of electronic communications, office automation, hosting, housing, computer maintenance, management, accounting, auditing, advice and legal representation.
Some of our data processors may be located in third countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA). In all these cases, we ensure through our contracts that compliance with the applicable regulations regarding the protection of personal data is guaranteed.
Data of minors
Children under 14 years of age can only use our portals if they have the permission of their parents or legal representatives (guardians), who will be responsible.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and object.
Also, in the processings that have your consent as a legal basis, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
To exercise these rights, you can send your request to C/ Diputació 119 de Barcelona, 08015, or to the email address email@example.com.
In any case, you have the right to file a claim with the corresponding supervisory authority if you consider it appropriate.